Whether you work as a teacher, in building maintenance or in administration, you are entitled to job security, fair pay and pension schemes, and a safe working environment.

At Unite Legal Services, we work hard to protect employment terms and working conditions for school, college, higher and further education workers across the UK. 

We also understand your sector – the pressures and challenges you face and the injuries that you are at risk of. In addition to employment matters, Unite has supported members with cases as diverse as slips, trip and falls, road traffic accidents, assaults and asbestos-related diseases.

If your employer fails to provide you with appropriate training or protection at work and you suffer an injury, Unite Legal Services can help you to make a claim for compensation. 

Our dedicated solicitors are experts in their field and have a wealth of experience in pursuing claims for Unite members who work in the education sector. 

Comprehensive legal cover for you and your family 

Unite Legal Services guarantees that you will be awarded 100% of any compensation you receive. This makes our legal cover stand out from anything else offered on the high street or by claims companies you see advertised on TV.

We provide free personal injury protection to members who are involved in accidents at or away from work, in road traffic accidents, or suffer an industrial disease or serious injury.

Unite Legal Services is here for your non-working family too, if they are injured on the roads or elsewhere, thanks to our legal cover for family members service.

Asbestos matters

Unite has an asbestos awareness campaign to provide advice about the hazards of asbestos. More than 11,000 Unite members, who suspect that they may have been exposed to asbestos at work, have joined the Unite Asbestos Register to date.

If you have been diagnosed with an asbestos-related disease, including mesothelioma, Unite Legal Services can provide you with free, specialist legal advice and support. 

Start your claim today using our online claim form or by calling Unite Legal Services on 0800 709 007.