I wasn’t aware of the full legal backing I was entitled to as part of my trade union membership, but quickly turned to Unite after a disastrous experience with high street solicitors.

Ronald, Unite member

Industrial diseases

  • Specialist support for members diagnosed with work-related diseases
  • Dedicated asbestos and industrial disease solicitors
  • Access to a network of charities, support services and medical experts
  • 100% compensation whatever the illness
  • Maximum compensation in the shortest possible time.

Click here to read our guide about claiming for industrial diseases.

If you or a non-working family member has been diagnosed with an asbestos-related illness, or a condition that has developed after exposure to a dangerous substance or unsafe working conditions, Unite Legal Services can help.

At Unite Legal Services, we understand that the time post-diagnosis can often be distressing and confusing. We have dedicated solicitors who will guide you through the process of making an industrial disease compensation claim, and help you and your family to access medical care and specialist support.


Get expert advice for asbestos-related diseases, including plural thickening, asbestosis, mesothelioma and lung cancer. Our solicitors will act quickly and ensure you access the best medical care to suit your needs.

If you have developed a repetitive strain or vibration disease, such as hand arm vibration syndrome (HAVS) or vibration white finger (VWF), get in touch to see how our experts can help you to make a claim for compensation.

If you have developed dermatitis as a result of your working conditions, we could help you to make a dermatitis claim for compensation.

Our solicitors can provide advice and support if you have contracted a respiratory disease as a result of exposure to hazardous substances.

Exposure to loud sounds can result in noise induced hearing loss. If your hearing has been damaged as a result of your working environment, get in touch with one of our experts for advice.

Exposure to toxic cabin air can affect anyone travelling on an aeroplane. If you think you may be suffering from exposure to toxic cabin air, contact us for expert advice on making a compensation claim.

Exposure to silica dust can affect anyone who works in construction and industries using and producing silica particles. If you have been diagnosed with a disease caused by exposure to silica dust, contact us for expert legal advice on making a claim and complete our Silica Dust Questionnaire.

Asbestos and industrial disease cases are often more complex than other types of personal injury claims and need specialist legal expertise. Exposure to the hazardous substances and materials that caused an illness may have occurred a long time ago, and expert evidence may be required to prove a link between your illness and your employer.

The timeframe for starting an asbestos or industrial disease claim is three years from the date of diagnosis, or the date at which you could have reasonably known that your condition was caused by exposure to an unsafe working environment. It does not matter how long ago you were exposed to asbestos, excessive vibration or high levels of noise – if you received your diagnosis in the last three years, you are still entitled to claim. Even if your employer no longer exists Unite Legal Services can still help.

Unlike many high street solicitors and the claims companies you see advertised on TV, our experienced solicitors will work with you to understand your individual circumstances and build a picture of your working conditions and employment history to gather evidence to support a claim for compensation.

As a Unite member making a claim through Unite Legal Services, you are guaranteed to keep 100% of your compensation however complex your claim.